Loved the wedding dress: what to do?
It would seem that here is the dress of your dreams, you can’t stop looking at them and literally blow off the dust from it, but a couple of weeks pass and begins to grind the worm of doubt: it’s not sitting like that, you can find it better, it’s not suitable for the style of the wedding. How to resolve doubts and what to do with a dress if it has become a burden? – You will find the answers in our article.
1. “I saw and fell in love.” It happens that a happy future bride, by pure chance, passes by the salon and “Ah!”, Sees a beautiful model in the window that is “created for her”. Everything, life is spoiled, the wedding failed, because there will not be that very dress. How to proceed? – Of course, it is not cost-effective to exhibit your previously purchased outfit right away, first go to the salon and try on your favorite model. In 9 cases out of 10, brides are disappointed, because in the window the clothes look completely different. If the dress is indeed ideal, arrange with the administration of the salon about the reservation, for example, by making a deposit. In a week or two, you will be able to sell the “old” outfit by making a small discount on it. You will lose a little in money, but you will feel like a princess from a fairy tale. However, we urge you not to rush, it is often a pre-wedding jerk, and it quickly passes.
2. The concept of the wedding has changed. No wonder wedding designers are advised to first 100% decide on the style of the celebration, and only then choose outfits. If this happened and the dress turned out to be bought earlier, there are two ways: to sell and buy a new one (or rent it) or try to remake it. Sometimes it is enough to tear off extra ruffles or shorten the model to turn it into an ideal option. In addition, the dress can always be shaded with bright accessories – your image will not lose from this, but rather will win!
3. It was bought for the future. Many couples take weeks or even months to get ready for the wedding. Life is unpredictable: the bride got better, lost weight, became pregnant – and now, the wedding dress does not sit as I would like. Firstly, in the studio you can embroider or suture almost any dress, and secondly, you can slightly change the cut to emphasize the merits and distract attention from possible shortcomings. If not, rent a suitable model – and save money, and you can choose a dress just a couple of days before the wedding, if you agree with the salon.
4. The groom is against. Girls dress up for a reason, they want to see the delight in the eyes of the guests, and for the beloved to be the most beautiful and desired. But what to do if you defile in front of a cute one in a carefully selected dress, but see that the outfit has not produced an effect. Or, well, received a lot of criticism. Offer a compromise: you walk together in salons and choose a dress that both of you will like. Men hate shopping, and a 70 percent guarantee that their loved one will refuse. If you did not show the outfit to the groom, but he really suits you, do not be afraid, you will be charming. Men tend to generalize: if your chosen one once saw on someone a dress with an open back that sat, to put it mildly, not well, he will consider that such models do not fit his beloved. So do not rush to panic.
5. The dress does not like mom or girlfriends. Regarding the opinions of friends, we can say one thing: this is your wedding and your choice, so you should listen only to fair comments. It is more difficult with mothers: they are often conservative, rely on their ideas about wedding fashion, so disagreements are not uncommon. However, a compromise can always be found: is the dress too open? – buy a lace wrap, and after the registry office or wedding, remove it. Will not be convenient for a walk? – choose a dress-transformer, you will not be mistaken. Understand that you don’t have to choose things from your grandmother’s chest, have your opinion and explain your choice to your mom. She will surely cool down, calm down and support you. If a relative managed to convince you, see paragraph one.
In conclusion, we want to say: you probably spent more than one hour choosing a dress, so it just can’t be ugly! Just do not succumb to pre-wedding fever and try to escape from such thoughts, and you will be the most beautiful and stylish bride!